ABOUT THE HOSTEL:
Friends Hostel is a cosy, small, cool:) and very clean budget accommodation with artistic design in the centre of Budapest, in an area surrounded by several tourist sights, cinemas, theartres, plenty of good restaurants, clubs, cafe's.
It occupies the second floor or a typical Pest downtown residential building.
We have 6 guestrooms (private rooms from 1 to 4 persons and 2 dormitories for 4 - 5 persons) plus operate 3 separate apartments for 2-3-4 persons inside our building.
We can accommodate in total 25 persons including the apartments. The 6 rooms guestrooms in the main hostel share in total 4 showers, 2 separate toilets, a guest kitchen, common room with reception area, games room and our art gallery on the corridor.
(Please note, if you are coming with a large group up to 50 persons, we can still accommodate you with the cooperation of 2 other hostels, which are also operating in our building)
ABOUT THE STAFF:
Friends hostel was founded in 2005 by Us, Laszlo and Miklos, 2 culture minded Budapest born local guys, with several years of backpacking experience.
What we did in the past helped us to understand the requirements and expectations of the guests from a hostel.
Since then our staff expanded with Jack, the manager, the receptionists, and from 2010 the newly renovated Friends Hostel is ready to fulfill your needs.
When creating FRIENDS HOSTEL one of our intentions was to show the artworks of Hungarian painters, architects and inventors to our guests in an easy going atmosphere.
- inexpensive but comfortable accommodation for you relaxing sleep;
- cooking facilities, free tea and free basic food to save costs on meals;
- laundry, common room, lcd tv with satellite channels, games console, table board games for the „home” atmosphere and to make your stay as pleasant as possible inside the hostel
- reception to assist you any time, and help in the program planning in exploring Budapest, eventual activities as pub crawl and cooking event with the staff
- free internet in the common room and wifi in all rooms, so you can use your own laptop
- Modern and Contemporary paintings and art pieces, inventions in all our rooms, on the corridor & in the common areas to show you something more about our city and our artists